Are you in the market to sell your home in Eugene, Oregon? If you haven’t learned already, you will soon that there are more real estate agents out there than you might imagine. What’s more, they all say they will do whatever they must in order to sell your home and get a great deal on it. They can’t all be right, so how do you know when you’ve found one that’s the real deal? Keep reading to discover 5 things to look for when picking out a real estate agents in Eugene, Oregon.
5 Things You Should Always Look for in a Real Estate Agent
Before you agree to work with a real estate agent in Eugene, Oregon, here’s what you want to look for:
- #1: Only use a Real Estate Agent who comes Highly Recommended – Before you work with any agent, ask your loved ones, coworkers, friends, etc. that have recently bought or sold a house for a recommendation. Then, do your own research on anyone recommended to you. Look online and see what kind of reviews exist about them as a real estate agent. You want an agent who has many high reviews. Don’t skimp on this step. You’ll be with your agent for a long time, so make sure they are that other people in your area recommend.
- #2: Only use a Real Estate Agent who understands Technology – It’s the 21st century folks, people shop for homes online more and more each year. Real estate agents who don’t know how to use the internet to augment their marketing of your home are only going to have access to a limited portion of the population. What’s more, you want an agent who can communicate quickly no matter where they are. The more tech-savvy they are, the easier they are going to be to work with and get a hold of as well as the better job they are going to do at marketing your house online. One good way to check on this is to look at their online profile and/or website. If it has outdated information, is unattractive, or just doesn’t work well, this is a sign that the listing they create for your home will have similar issues.
- #3: Only use a Real Estate Agent who is always working and busy – Simply put, real estate is a cutthroat business. You need someone who dreams big and is working hard to get there. Someone with drive who is sending you information at random times in the morning, keeping you updated constantly, and always looking for the chance to sell your home.
- #4: Only use a Real Estate Agent who knows your neighborhood well – There is no replacement for actual hands-on knowledge of your area and neighborhood. If you are looking at two agents who are similarly qualified, always pick the one who has more sales in your neighborhood or area. They are going to have more knowledge about comp sales, be able to answer questions about the area for potential buyers, and also understand the demographic you’ll need to target to sell your home quickly and at a good price.
- #5: Only use a real estate agent that you can tell takes selling your home seriously – The bottom line is that someone who is a professional is always going to be easier to work with and make your house appear more attractive to prospective buyers. Look for an agent who is punctual, well-groomed, polite, and who acts with confidence. What’s more, look for an agent who manages their time well and is able to be where you need them when you need them. This shows they are focused on the right things and going to make the kind of impression you need them to in order to sell your home for top dollar.
At the end of the day, a real estate agent is much like any other sales person. They want to sell your home so that they can make their commission. Many agents will try to tempt you with over-the-top promises or high list prices. But don’t pay attention to these things. Instead, focus your search on agents who are knowledgeable, who have outstanding reviews, and who are able to educate you as you work with them.